Aerodynamics News: Speed on Wheels and Snow
Hold on tight for an aerodynamics news blast all about speed. From cars and bicycles on wheels to skis and shovels on snow. Shovels? Keep reading and all will be revealed.
Aerodynamics first became a focus of scientific research almost 100 years ago - but it is only after the second oil crisis some 30 years ago that it was really given a high priority in vehicle development. Nowadays aerodynamics make a major contribution to the energy efficiency of passenger cars. Read more >>
On track teams will be scratching around to untap the final milliseconds from proven aerodynamic concepts with limited further development potential, but in the background they'll be focusing on new chassis for 2014's radically different technical regulations. Read more >>
Carbon clincher bicycle wheels have three main points in their favor. The first is ease of use, the second is aerodynamics, and the third is vanity. Read more >>
Major improvements have come from using data collected in a wind tunnel to change the tuck position skiers adopt during races. Read more >>
"It's all about aerodynamics, " said John Strader, having just won the 2013 Shovel Race Championships at Angel Fire Resort. Read more >>
Recent blog posts
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Passive Species Transport
- Automated Creation and Export of CFD Results
- Aerodynamics Plays No Role in the Performance of Stationary Bicycles
- Aerodynamic Performance of a Stationary Bicycle
- Color Maps, Vectors, Streamlines, Action!
- 6 Things to Consider Before Switching Turbulence Model
- CFD Simulation Steering
- Why Compromise with Browser-Based CAD/CAE Applications?
- Avoid CFD Transient Data Overload with Co-Processing
- 5 Tips for CFD Flow Volume Creation