Aerodynamics News: Trucks, Racecars, and Bikes
Another news blast, this time with an aerodynamics theme. Read on to discover how trucks can be more efficient, how racecars and bikes can go faster, and how to make a stunning McLaren ad. Hint - it's all down to aerodynamics.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the finished ad
"Aerodynamics is the start, middle and the end of whether a car is quick," Lotus F1 team technical director James Allison explains. Read more >>
ATDynamics, supplier of tractor-trailer rear-drag aerodynamics technology, has been awarded the 2012 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award (in the Transportation category) for its "TrailerTail" line of rear-drag aerodynamic technologies. Read more >>
New MotoGP-inspired bodywork is claimed to reduce aerodynamic drag over the previous model by 6.5 percent. Honda says this "newly found aerodynamic efficiency" has not only improved handling agility, but offers better wind deflection for enhanced rider comfort. Read more >>
NASCAR is searching for an aerodynamic package that will work. Read more >>
What the DeltaWing achieves in terms of performance basically boils down to a lighter weight, better aerodynamics and something else if you've observed the pictures. Its strange wheel configuration. Read more >>
McLaren P1 Ad
Recent blog posts
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Passive Species Transport
- Automated Creation and Export of CFD Results
- Aerodynamics Plays No Role in the Performance of Stationary Bicycles
- Aerodynamic Performance of a Stationary Bicycle
- Color Maps, Vectors, Streamlines, Action!
- 6 Things to Consider Before Switching Turbulence Model
- CFD Simulation Steering
- Why Compromise with Browser-Based CAD/CAE Applications?
- Avoid CFD Transient Data Overload with Co-Processing
- 5 Tips for CFD Flow Volume Creation