Affordable Desktop CFD
Bigger is always better when it comes to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), right? Big computers, big simulations, big budgets - fine if you are a big aerospace company or a big Formula 1 team. Though, it's not so good if you are a small business or a hobbyist who wants to perform CFD simulations within tight budget constraints on a desktop or laptop computer. Don't despair - we are here to help. It is Symscape's mission to provide Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) tools for all. We provide affordable software for performing meaningful CFD simulations on desktop computers.
Precision Mesh Controls
Caedium provides easy-to-use, precision mesh controls that allow you to focus your mesh cell budget where it's needed most, and the ability to ignore areas of little significance - unlike some CFD tools which provide little in the way of mesh size control for complex geometry. Our approach ensures that you only resolve areas of interest, which minimizes the simulation size (memory requirements), allowing interactive visualization and solver steering on desktop computers.
Caedium's licensing is per machine, which allows you to run as many cases as you like simultaneously - in contrast to some CFD vendors who charge per process. This means that if you have access to a multi-processor computer and have multiple simulations to run, then why not exploit the fastest form of parallel processing by running completely separate simulations simultaneously?
Small is Beautiful
What does the Symscape approach mean to engineers? It means affordable (in terms of price and turnaround time) CFD that provides insights into the fluid dynamic performance of your designs on your desktop computer. Small is indeed beautiful.
Recent blog posts
- Fluid Wrist Watch v2.0
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: 3Dconnexion 3D Mouse Support
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Enhanced Accuracy Tool
- Questionable Approach Reverse
- Counterintuitive Usability With The Questionable Approach
- CFD Performance Comparison Between GPU and CPU
- Aerodynamics News: Speed on Wheels and Snow
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Ribbon GUI
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Polyhedral Meshes Improve CFD
- Fluid News: F1 Construction, Hand Washer-Dryer, Superomniphobic Coating, and Robofish