April Fools - Caedium is not on the iPad
You probably guessed that yesterday was April Fools' Day and in the spirit of fake news we announced that our unified simulation environment, Caedium, was available for the eagerly awaited iPad. Well sorry to disappoint, but we don't have a version of Caedium for the iPad - at least not yet - who knows what the future holds though.
One thing you could carry over from the iPad to Caedium Professional is the iPad tag line, "A magical and revolutionary [CFD] product at an unbelievable price." Unlike the iPad, you can take our magical and revolutionary product home for a 30-day free trial.
Other noteworthy April Fools' Day hoaxes this year included:
- Google announced it had changed its name to Topeka, in response to the Kansas town Topeka that actually did change its name to Google for a month
- YouTube set the default video quality to a new option called text that displayed its videos as text in order to reduce bandwidth costs
- ThinkGeek offered the iCade for sale, which, when combined with an iPad provided a retro gaming cabinet for playing classic video games such as Donkey Kong and something called Super Steve Bros (presumably a reference to Steve Jobs)
For a near exhaustive list of 2010 April Fools' Day hoaxes see "April Fools' Day On The Web."
Recent blog posts
- Meshing in a Single, Integrated Simulation Environment
- CFD Geometry Creation
- CFD Prefers NURBS Over STL
- DIY CFD
- How to Control Your CFD Simulations in Caedium
- How to Control Your CFD Mesh in Caedium
- Walkalong Tumblewing Meets CFD
- Tumblewing Meets CFD
- Spinning Paper Sheet Meets CFD
- Get Started With CFD