April Fools - Fake Wired Cover
April 1st is April Fools' Day and so I thought it was an opportune moment to try my limited Gimp skills to fake a Wired cover. Maybe one day Caedium will be featured on the cover of Wired – I have a design ready!
Wired and Xerox were running a promotion to publish personalized issues of Wired, with the first 5,000 reader submitted pictures adorning covers of the July 2007 edition. Alas my response was too slow, but they were offering as a consolation a means to design a fake Wired cover. Inspired by the fake cover and the upcoming April Fools' Day I set to work. I combined an image created in Caedium using our Professional add-on and rendered in POV-Ray, with the fake Wired cover and headlines, to give you the image above.
We were in good company with our April Fools' Day hoax, check out The Toilet Internet Service Provider (TiSP) from Google.
Recent blog posts
- Fluid Wrist Watch v2.0
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: 3Dconnexion 3D Mouse Support
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Enhanced Accuracy Tool
- Questionable Approach Reverse
- Counterintuitive Usability With The Questionable Approach
- CFD Performance Comparison Between GPU and CPU
- Aerodynamics News: Speed on Wheels and Snow
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Ribbon GUI
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Polyhedral Meshes Improve CFD
- Fluid News: F1 Construction, Hand Washer-Dryer, Superomniphobic Coating, and Robofish