Caedium v4 Sneak Peek: Porous Media CFD Simulation
You will be able to simulate flow through packed beds and filters in the next release of the Caedium CFD software system. Caedium will support Porous Media using Darcy's Law for volumes and double-sided faces.
Shown above is a simple example of a porous volume embedded within a larger volume. The porous media is configured to present no resistance to the flow at 45 degrees to the vertical. Contours of velocity magnitude are displayed on:
- Velocity vector arrows for both volumes
- 3 transparent orthogonal cutting planes
Arrows displayed only on cutting planes
A previous Caedium v4 sneak peak for an idealized Dyson Air Multiplier CFD simulation demonstrated porous faces for the the inlet grills on the device.
Streamlines colored by velocity magnitude
Recent blog posts
- Helical Strakes with your Chimney?
- Turning Vanes Required
- Elephants and Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Fluid Wrist Watch v2.0
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: 3Dconnexion 3D Mouse Support
- Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Enhanced Accuracy Tool
- Questionable Approach Reverse
- Counterintuitive Usability With The Questionable Approach
- CFD Performance Comparison Between GPU and CPU
- Aerodynamics News: Speed on Wheels and Snow