Caedium v4 Sneak Peek: Rotating Vertical Axis Wind Turbine CFD Simulation
You will be able to simulate rotating wind turbines and mixers with the next release of the Caedium CFD software system. Caedium will support Moving Reference Frames (MRF), which is an efficient way to simulate rotating machinery.
Left: Stationary, Right: MRF
In addition to using the angular velocity boundary condition (BC) for walls and inlets, in the next Caedium release you will be able to assign the angular velocity BC to a volume. In so doing you will be able to designate that the entire volume rotates around an axis and with a specified angular velocity. This is an extension of the multiple volume system that the current version of Caedium uses to support multiblock meshing.
Velocity magnitude contours
Recent blog posts
- Cutting Planes Reveal Yet More Hidden CFD Secrets
- Clipping Planes Reveal Even More Hidden CFD Secrets
- Symmetry Reveals More Hidden CFD Secrets
- No Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint Yet
- Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint
- Transparency Reveals Hidden CFD Secrets
- Challenging Orthodox Truck Design
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Conjugate Heat Transfer
- 10 Design Rules For Fluid Dynamics
- Results Setup For CFD