Caedium v4 Sneak Peek: Rotating Vertical Axis Wind Turbine CFD Simulation
You will be able to simulate rotating wind turbines and mixers with the next release of the Caedium CFD software system. Caedium will support Moving Reference Frames (MRF), which is an efficient way to simulate rotating machinery.
Left: Stationary, Right: MRF
In addition to using the angular velocity boundary condition (BC) for walls and inlets, in the next Caedium release you will be able to assign the angular velocity BC to a volume. In so doing you will be able to designate that the entire volume rotates around an axis and with a specified angular velocity. This is an extension of the multiple volume system that the current version of Caedium uses to support multiblock meshing.
Velocity magnitude contours
Recent blog posts
- Pipe Fun With CFD
- Learn CFD Through Play
- Essential Apps To Compliment CFD
- Weak and Strong Form CFD
- CFD Helps Unconventional Concept Designs Succeed
- How to Share Caedium CFD Results With ixCube 4-10
- CFD For A Complete Dust Collector
- Navier-Stokes Equations NOT Renamed
- Navier-Stokes Equations Renamed
- Remote CFD is Easy