Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Enhanced Accuracy Tool
The next release of the Caedium CFD software system will include an enhanced Accuracy tool with a new maximum mesh size parameter. The new size parameter will provide a method to set an explicit physical element size for an entity (e.g., face) rather than just an interval (resolution) number as in the current version of Caedium.
Interval-Based (left) vs Size-Based (right) Mesh Parameters
The new Accuracy tool parameter will constrain the mesh on an entity to be a specified size rather than inferring the size from the intervals along edges. This means the specified maximum size will be consistent across multiple entities, whereas the previous interval sizing was per entity leading to disparate sizing between entities.
Recent blog posts
- Reduced Complexity 3D Models for CFD
- 2014: A Year in CFD Simulations
- 7 Ideas For Your Year Ahead in CFD
- CFD Doodle: Multiple Interconnected Snow Globes
- Not All CFD GUIs Are Created Equal
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Try CFD
- Heroic Aircraft Design Aided by Caedium CFD
- Internal Flow with CFD
- External Aerodynamics with CFD
- A Case for Renaming the Navier-Stokes Equations