Caedium v5 Sneak Peek: Enhanced Accuracy Tool
The next release of the Caedium CFD software system will include an enhanced Accuracy tool with a new maximum mesh size parameter. The new size parameter will provide a method to set an explicit physical element size for an entity (e.g., face) rather than just an interval (resolution) number as in the current version of Caedium.
Interval-Based (left) vs Size-Based (right) Mesh Parameters
The new Accuracy tool parameter will constrain the mesh on an entity to be a specified size rather than inferring the size from the intervals along edges. This means the specified maximum size will be consistent across multiple entities, whereas the previous interval sizing was per entity leading to disparate sizing between entities.
Recent blog posts
- Amazing CFD
- In Search of The Remaining 20 in The Pareto 80-20 Rule
- Never Settle For Facets
- When Good CFD Goes Bad
- How Aerodynamics Dominates The Tour de France
- Wacky CFD
- Go Full Circle With CFD
- CFD Expertise Is Your Modern Day Pick and Shovel
- CFD Benefits From 3D Printing
- Cutting Planes Reveal Yet More Hidden CFD Secrets