Fake Real Transparent Car
I couldn’t resist writing about a real-world transparent car [source: Jalopnik], especially after already covering real-world cutaway and wireframe models. So you know the score, which is real and which is fake?
The fake plexi-glass car is a Pontiac built for the 1939-40 World’s Fair. The car was recently sold at auction for US$308,000. If that kind of money is a little beyond your means then you could always create a real virtual transparent car with Caedium Professional for a quite a bit less including a free 30-day test drive. As an added bonus you can also assess your creation's aerodynamic performance at no extra cost.
Recent blog posts
- CFD Simulation Steering
- Why Compromise with Browser-Based CAD/CAE Applications?
- Avoid CFD Transient Data Overload with Co-Processing
- 5 Tips for CFD Flow Volume Creation
- CFD Flow Volumes and Solid Models
- Sports, Fluid Flow, and Spheres
- Laminar vs Turbulent Flow Over Airfoils
- 12 CFD Tips for a Productive New Year
- Underwater Kites Generate Electricity
- CFD Explains Santa's Whereabouts