Fluid News: Corvette Aerodynamics, Airports, Rockets, Jets, and Trailers
Fluid news blast coming your way. Be the talk of dinner parties and impress your colleagues with stories about the latest Corvette aerodynamics, a chimney (more like a baffle really) to deflect pollutants around airports, rockets, jets (colored water jets that is), and aerodynamic truck trailers.
The company takes a look at how drag has been improved significantly via the air ducts on the hood, while the rear-quarter inlets have been implemented to cool the rear-mounted transmission. Read more >>
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Council (EPSRC) believes that simple 'blast' fences called baffles could deliver improvements in air quality for people living near airports. Read more >>
NASA has provided Blue Origin with more than $25 million in contracts for the Commercial Crew Development program, which is working to develop privately funded space vehicles to bring people to the International Space Station. Read more >>
A colored water jet photo won Alexander Albrecht of the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque first prize in the 2012 After Image photo contest run by Optics & Photonics News. The water looks like it is dyed different colors, but the color comes from red, green and blue lasers. Read more >>
Truck and trailer body manufacturer Serco has collaborated with retail group Spar South Africa to develop a prototype of a new concept trailer, designed to help reduce fuel costs as well as carbon dioxide emissions, while simultaneously being highly practical to load. Read more >>
Recent blog posts
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Passive Species Transport
- Automated Creation and Export of CFD Results
- Aerodynamics Plays No Role in the Performance of Stationary Bicycles
- Aerodynamic Performance of a Stationary Bicycle
- Color Maps, Vectors, Streamlines, Action!
- 6 Things to Consider Before Switching Turbulence Model
- CFD Simulation Steering
- Why Compromise with Browser-Based CAD/CAE Applications?
- Avoid CFD Transient Data Overload with Co-Processing
- 5 Tips for CFD Flow Volume Creation