Fluid Wrist Watch for a Fluid Dynamicist
Any fluid dynamicists out there searching for just the right wrist watch? Well the search is over, check out the HYT H1 [source: Gizmodo] fluid-themed watch from "The Hydro Mechanical Horologists" - try saying that after too much fluid!
Following a similar idea to the dazzling fluid dress, the H1 pumps a fluorescent liquid around a tube to indicate the hour. The H1's fluid pump (a small bellows) is powered and controlled by a special mechanical clockwork mechanism. And to observe these intricate inner workings it also has prime viewing areas front and back. The problem with the H1 is that at US$45,000 you might find it hard to not also consider another fluid-themed device, such as a sports car!
Recent blog posts
- Flying Jellyfish
- Airplane + Helicopter + Hovercraft + Airship = ESTOLAS
- Inspiration from Spinning Maple Seeds
- CFD Study Comparing Racecar Wing Mounts
- CFD Study of a Car With and Without a Wing
- Failure to Simulate
- Wind Tunnel Reveals Dinosaur's Flight Secrets
- The Great Sphinx CFD Wind Erosion Study
- A Perspective on Cartesian Meshing
- Automated CFD Angle of Attack Sweep for an Airliner