Fluid News: Giant Blimp, F1, Hydro-Turbines, Microfluidics, and Cyclones
Are you ready for a blast of fluid news? Then feast your eyes on these stories of a new blimp-like aircraft, the concept design phase of an F1 car, a hydro-turbine, microfluidics, and affordable workshop cyclones.
This is a new type of rigid aircraft. It's not a blimp, and it's not an airplane, but this thing has the potential to alter the way we understand travel and completely change military transportation. Read more >>
When the Formula 1 season ends, the wider public probably believes the teams can have a few weeks' well-earned rest. Nothing could be further from the truth. Read more >>
Cappa is a small hydropower generator designed to be used in natural water flows such as rivers and waterways. Read more >>
Mechanical engineers at MIT are designing tools to image and analyze cellular dynamics at the micro- and nanoscale. Such tools, including microfluidics, membrane technology and metamaterials, may help scientists better characterize and develop therapies for cancer and other complex diseases. Read more >>
There are a bunch of cyclones on the market, but which to buy? Within a modest budget three options emerged: Oneida's Dust Deputy, ClearVue's Mini CV06 and Rockler's Dust Right Vortex. Read more >>
Recent blog posts
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Passive Species Transport
- Automated Creation and Export of CFD Results
- Aerodynamics Plays No Role in the Performance of Stationary Bicycles
- Aerodynamic Performance of a Stationary Bicycle
- Color Maps, Vectors, Streamlines, Action!
- 6 Things to Consider Before Switching Turbulence Model
- CFD Simulation Steering
- Why Compromise with Browser-Based CAD/CAE Applications?
- Avoid CFD Transient Data Overload with Co-Processing
- 5 Tips for CFD Flow Volume Creation