OpenFOAM on Windows Performance Profiling Thanks to ParaTools
Our friends (specifically John Linford) over at ParaTools are providing a free instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM® on Windows for performance profiling using the TAU Performance System®.
TAU is a performance analysis toolkit for parallel programs. If you have access to TAU you can probe the parallel performance of OpenFOAM on Windows. Further if you have Caedium Professional or RANS Flow enabled then you can setup and run simulations using this special instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM by setting the Caedium preference (File->Preferences...):
Physics->OpenFOAM = <ParaTools Instrumented OpenFOAM directory>
Then at the completion of your simulation you can load the TAU data into TAU's profile visualization tool for performance data mining.
Recent blog posts
- No Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint Yet
- Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint
- Transparency Reveals Hidden CFD Secrets
- Challenging Orthodox Truck Design
- Caedium CFD Sneak Peek: Conjugate Heat Transfer
- 10 Design Rules For Fluid Dynamics
- Results Setup For CFD
- CFD for Your SMB
- 5 Ways to CFD With Caedium
- 9 CFD Simulations