OpenFOAM on Windows Performance Profiling Thanks to ParaTools
Our friends (specifically John Linford) over at ParaTools are providing a free instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM® on Windows for performance profiling using the TAU Performance System®.
TAU is a performance analysis toolkit for parallel programs. If you have access to TAU you can probe the parallel performance of OpenFOAM on Windows. Further if you have Caedium Professional or RANS Flow enabled then you can setup and run simulations using this special instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM by setting the Caedium preference (File->Preferences...):
Physics->OpenFOAM = <ParaTools Instrumented OpenFOAM directory>
Then at the completion of your simulation you can load the TAU data into TAU's profile visualization tool for performance data mining.
Recent blog posts
- Plasma-Powered Drag Reduction for Trucks
- Rise and Fall of Winglets in MotoGP
- Fluid Dynamics in 2016
- Lessons in CFD from 2016
- CFD Simulations of 2016
- Perfect Gifts for CFDers
- Intuition and Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulence Model Selection
- Double Diffusers and F-Ducts Explained
- Fluid Dynamics News: Hydraulic Capsule Pipelines and Fish Farming Sea Cages