OpenFOAM on Windows Performance Profiling Thanks to ParaTools
Our friends (specifically John Linford) over at ParaTools are providing a free instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM® on Windows for performance profiling using the TAU Performance System®.
TAU is a performance analysis toolkit for parallel programs. If you have access to TAU you can probe the parallel performance of OpenFOAM on Windows. Further if you have Caedium Professional or RANS Flow enabled then you can setup and run simulations using this special instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM by setting the Caedium preference (File->Preferences...):
Physics->OpenFOAM = <ParaTools Instrumented OpenFOAM directory>
Then at the completion of your simulation you can load the TAU data into TAU's profile visualization tool for performance data mining.
Recent blog posts
- Sliver Treatment Strategies for CFD
- How to Fix Small Acute Angles for CFD
- Small Feature Removal for CFD
- Fluid Visualization in Nature
- Design is Compromise
- CFD Is Not Enough
- All CFD Should Be Upfront CFD
- Speed Up CFD with Symmetry and Cyclic Conditions
- Airships Rising
- World Cup Stadium Aerodynamics with CFD