OpenFOAM on Windows Performance Profiling Thanks to ParaTools
Our friends (specifically John Linford) over at ParaTools are providing a free instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM® on Windows for performance profiling using the TAU Performance System®.
TAU is a performance analysis toolkit for parallel programs. If you have access to TAU you can probe the parallel performance of OpenFOAM on Windows. Further if you have Caedium Professional or RANS Flow enabled then you can setup and run simulations using this special instrumented distribution of OpenFOAM by setting the Caedium preference (File->Preferences...):
Physics->OpenFOAM = <ParaTools Instrumented OpenFOAM directory>
Then at the completion of your simulation you can load the TAU data into TAU's profile visualization tool for performance data mining.
Recent blog posts
- Pipe Fun With CFD
- Learn CFD Through Play
- Essential Apps To Compliment CFD
- Weak and Strong Form CFD
- CFD Helps Unconventional Concept Designs Succeed
- How to Share Caedium CFD Results With ixCube 4-10
- CFD For A Complete Dust Collector
- Navier-Stokes Equations NOT Renamed
- Navier-Stokes Equations Renamed
- Remote CFD is Easy