Puddle: Another Fluid Game
Do you sometimes feel like your Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation just needs a little nudge to do the right thing? Well I'm sure you'll appreciate (need even!) some light relief with the fluid-based video game Puddle. Puddle is all about nudging and manipulating the world so your precious fluid gets to its destination through a fiendish puzzle-like maze.
While the Konami version (shown in the video above) is only available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, the original student project version (shown in the video below) is freely available for Windows.
The game represents the fluid as a series particles that merge together to form more of a stream than a puddle. Under the action of gravity the stream descends through a maze of platforms and mechanisms. The player rotates the game world to change the direction of gravity and, in theory (tricky in practice), encourage the fluid toward the exit.
And remember, as I've said before, games are good for you.
Recent blog posts
- Go Full Circle With CFD
- CFD Expertise Is Your Modern Day Pick and Shovel
- CFD Benefits From 3D Printing
- Cutting Planes Reveal Yet More Hidden CFD Secrets
- Clipping Planes Reveal Even More Hidden CFD Secrets
- Symmetry Reveals More Hidden CFD Secrets
- No Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint Yet
- Colorful Fluid Dynamic Paint
- Transparency Reveals Hidden CFD Secrets
- Challenging Orthodox Truck Design