Turbulence Model Selection
Most Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software provides an array of turbulence models. Knowing which model to select is not always an easy decision given trade offs between accuracy and computing requirements.
Nectar DesignGeometry courtesy of
Over at Engineering.com Shawn Wasserman has pulled together experts to explain turbulence models, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses in an article titled "Choosing the Right Turbulence Model for Your CFD Simulation." It is definitely worth a read if you are daunted by the plethora of turbulence models in CFD.
You might also be interested in "6 Things to Consider Before Switching Turbulence Model."
Recent blog posts
- Plasma-Powered Drag Reduction for Trucks
- Rise and Fall of Winglets in MotoGP
- Fluid Dynamics in 2016
- Lessons in CFD from 2016
- CFD Simulations of 2016
- Perfect Gifts for CFDers
- Intuition and Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulence Model Selection
- Double Diffusers and F-Ducts Explained
- Fluid Dynamics News: Hydraulic Capsule Pipelines and Fish Farming Sea Cages