Wind Turbine Comparison Study
In an effort to offset electrical load and decrease its carbon footprint, the city of Reno, Nevada is investigating various types of wind turbines (and photovoltaic solar cells too).
There are a rich variety of turbines in the mix, from vertical to horizontal axis machines, from small to medium size, and dispersed throughout the city in different locations. This in and of itself is interesting. However, they are going even further - they are publishing the power output of each turbine online in real-time on their Green Energy Dashboard, along with historical data too.
So if you are in the market for a wind turbine, or you are just fascinated by eco-friendly power generation, then pop over to their website.
Recent blog posts
- Amazing CFD
- In Search of The Remaining 20 in The Pareto 80-20 Rule
- Never Settle For Facets
- When Good CFD Goes Bad
- How Aerodynamics Dominates The Tour de France
- Wacky CFD
- Go Full Circle With CFD
- CFD Expertise Is Your Modern Day Pick and Shovel
- CFD Benefits From 3D Printing
- Cutting Planes Reveal Yet More Hidden CFD Secrets