Wind Turbine Comparison Study
In an effort to offset electrical load and decrease its carbon footprint, the city of Reno, Nevada is investigating various types of wind turbines (and photovoltaic solar cells too).
There are a rich variety of turbines in the mix, from vertical to horizontal axis machines, from small to medium size, and dispersed throughout the city in different locations. This in and of itself is interesting. However, they are going even further - they are publishing the power output of each turbine online in real-time on their Green Energy Dashboard, along with historical data too.
So if you are in the market for a wind turbine, or you are just fascinated by eco-friendly power generation, then pop over to their website.
Recent blog posts
- Sliver Treatment Strategies for CFD
- How to Fix Small Acute Angles for CFD
- Small Feature Removal for CFD
- Fluid Visualization in Nature
- Design is Compromise
- CFD Is Not Enough
- All CFD Should Be Upfront CFD
- Speed Up CFD with Symmetry and Cyclic Conditions
- Airships Rising
- World Cup Stadium Aerodynamics with CFD