Yet Another Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) Company?
CAE software has largely evolved for the benefit of medium-to-large sized companies within the aerospace and automotive industries. This evolution has favored specialist CAE software applications that can analyze incremental product changes. Tentative attempts to integrate and embed CAE software within high-end Computer-Aided Design (CAD) systems are under way. These systems do not address the needs of small companies, hobbyists and students, mostly because they are expensive and time consuming to use, but also because they are not integrated into a single easy-to-use package. Existing CAE software has made little impact on aiding concept design analysis due to its focus on high accuracy, slow turnaround analysis techniques.
To address this imbalance we advocate:
- Affordable pricing
- Automated, web-based purchasing
- Ease of use and installation
- A single, unified simulation environment
- A toolbox of techniques targeted at concept design analysis
Using Caedium add-ons you can create any 2D or 3D geometry or import your geometry from another CAD package. Then simulate how a gas (e.g. air) or liquid (e.g. water) will flow over and through your geometry.
Caedium is simple to learn and efficient to use. You can study how the physics of your model changes over time or as you modify your model in real time. Caedium's unified simulation environment makes it easy to change your model on the fly and quickly see the results of your changes.
Examples of models you can analyze with Caedium:
- Airflow over an aircraft wing
- Water flow around a submarine
- Airflow over a moving car
You can download the basic version of Caedium (without any add-ons) for free! This free download functions as a viewer for Caedium files and allows you to get a feel for Caedium's easy-to-use interface and capabilities. It is ideal for interactive viewing and sharing of sym and brep 3D models files.
You can download and view our sample sym files for free!
To realize Caedium's full geometry creation and simulation capabilities, i.e., to generate sym files for your own designs, you will need to expand the free download with one or more of the following add-ons:
- Builder: create and modify your own 2D and 3D geometry designs
- Panel Flow: simulate gas (e.g. air) or liquid (e.g. water) flow around and through your design to determine flow directions and forces
- Transient: explore time-dependent simulations and visualization of results
- Exchange: import and export IGES and STEP files
- Viz Export: export your 3D results to high resolution, high quality renderers and other visualization packages
- Professional: obtain all of the above functionality in a single easy-to-download and easy-to-install package
- Articles: read articles about Caedium and related topics
- Examples: find examples of Caedium in use
- Tutorials: learn how to use Caedium
- FAQ: find answers to frequently asked questions
- Forums: discuss Caedium and related topics
- Books: purchase books from Amazon.com related to aerodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), visualization of simulation results, etc.
- Downloads: download free example and geometry files for Caedium
- Links: explore products that Caedium can export to, and products that are used by Caedium and Symscape
Our blog hosts topical discussion on CAE and fluid mechanics.
Look forward to seeing you there!