What is the Linux installation process?
How to install Linux autopackages in 4 easy steps.
You only have to follow these instructions once. After the first time, you should be able to open autopackages directly from your web browser.
Step 1: Download & save
Download the packages you want to install and save them on your computer.
Go to the folder where you saved the software package to.
Step 2: Open Properties dialog
Click on the package with your right mouse button.
Then click on the Properties menu item.
Step 3: Enable permissions
Go to the Permissions tab.
Check the Execute, Exec or Is Executable checkbox. If there are more than one Execute/Exec checkboxes, check the top-most one.
Click Close or OK, depending on the dialog.
Step 4: Uninstall previous and open
If you already have the software installed from your distributions packages or from the source, remove it first. Then open the package file.
If you are asked whether you want to display or run the package, click Run.
The installation will now begin. Follow further instructions that are displayed on the screen, if any.
We recommend installing Caedium and Autopackage itself locally (i.e., not as root) to avoid conflicts. So when the root password dialog appears, early in the installation process, click the No Password button in the bottom left-hand-side of the installation dialog.
You only have to follow these instructions once. Next time, you can just skip step 1-4 and open the .package file directly.
Instructions for commandline users
(If you have followed the graphical instructions above, then you don't need to follow these instructions.)
- Download the packages you want to install and save them on your computer.
- Open a terminal and go to the folder in which you saved the package:
[bash@localhost]$ cd YourDownloadsFolder
- Run the package with the following command:
[bash@localhost]$ bash Example.package
- You're done! Follow further instructions on screen, if any.
Note: Copy of original instructions that used to be hosted at http://www.autopackage.org/howtoinstall.html
- How do I fix mesh and solver failures?
- Do you offer academic discounts?
- How do I become a registered Symscape member?
- How do I find answers to product questions?
- How do I reset a RANS Flow simulation?
- How does selection in Caedium work?
- What is a free trial?
- What is a mesh?
- What is a subscription?
- What is product activation?
- What is the Linux installation process?
- What is the Windows installation process?
- Where is the Caedium Manual?