Substances and Conditions
I am new to Caedium and still trying to figure out a few item in the user interface. I am creating all of my geometry in Pro|ENGINEER, creating a STEP file, and then importing the STEP file into Caedium.
I have several questions:
1. Once I assign a substance and provide an initial velocity, how can I confirm the substance and velocity? Is it possible to assign two substances to one volume OR assign the same substance twice? I just don't want to find myself accidentally doing this...thus the desire to confirm.
2. I am not always sure whether I should be assigning to an edge, face, or volume. Please provide some clarity. I understand that boundary conditions should be assigned to faces. But what about accuracy? Should I assign accuracy to faces, edges, or volume???
3. When I drag and drop the U vector field, do I assign this to edges, faces, or volume???
4. Once I drag and drop Residuals onto the window, should this automatically start the analysis? Or do I need to click PLAY?
5. Are the units always in metric? If so, can I change to inches, for example? Or do I just need to change the scaling factor under Preferences?