Submitted by Alison Findon on February 5, 2007 - 08:50
Free open source photo-realistic ray tracer.
Create POV-Ray files with Caedium Viz Export.
To automatically launch POV-Ray to produce a ray-traced image when you export a POV-Ray file ensure that:
- The latest version of POV-Ray (v3.7) is installed.
- The POV-Ray location preference in Caedium is correct by selecting File->Preferences and then in the Properties Panel set the Export->POV-Ray preference to the POV-Ray executable location. The POV-Ray 3.7 for Windows default executable installation location on Windows is:
- In POV-Ray choose your resolution and anti-aliasing setting from the pull-down list, e.g., [1024x768, AA 0.3]
- For parallel movie frame rendering in Caedium (File->Preferences, Export->Movies->Frame = POV-Ray) ensure the following POV-Ray settings are satisfied:
- Render->On Completion->Exit POV-Ray for Windows = true
- Options->Keep Single Instance = false
- Options->Script I/O Restrictions->No Restrictions = true
- Options->Render Window->Auto Close = true
- Command line: display=off Output_File_Type=B