Caedium Product Downloads
Caedium v5.1.3 installers are available for the following platforms:
For more on the latest version see "Caedium Release Notes."
All versions of Caedium share the following system requirements:
- 300 MHz or higher, Intel or compatible processor (CPU)
- 128 MB RAM or better
- 300 MB free disk space
- SVGA 800x600 or better
- Internet connection for online installation and activation
Specific platform requirements and installers are listed below.
To see what to expect while installing under Windows please review our FAQ "What is the Windows installation process?"
Caedium requires administrator privileges to install.
Windows system requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008, 7, Server 2012, or 8.x
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 3Dconnexion Control Panel must be launched prior to launching Caedium to enable 3D mouse support in 3D views
- Script playback requires Python to be installed (recommend Python v3.3.x) and the preference Application->Python must refer to the full path to python.exe
Windows 64-bit installer:
Alternate Download (51 MB)
Windows legacy v2.1.1 32-bit installer (no longer supported): Download Now (29 MB)
OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Gatekeeper workaround
Mac system requirements:
- OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Intel processor
Alternate Download (80 MB)
We recommend installing Caedium and Autopackage itself locally (i.e., not as root) to avoid conflicts. So when the root password dialog appears, early in the installation process, click the No Password button in the bottom left-hand-side of the installation dialog.
Caedium was built and tested on Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal).
Linux system requirements:
- GLIBC 2.4 or later
- KDE or GNOME desktops recommended
Linux 64-bit installer:
Download Now (54 MB)
"I found it [Caedium] to be extremely useful and easy to use."
— Fernando Freitas