What is product activation?
Product activation aims to ensure legitimate software use i.e., to reduce software piracy, by ensuring that a single subscription is tied to a single computer. Reduced piracy means that we can invest more in product development, quality and support, ultimately to the benefit of you our customers. Re-installation and activation of a subscription on the same computer can be performed an unlimited number of times.
The activation process is as follows:
- Download and install Caedium for your platform.
- Purchase a subscription(s) or request a free trial – an activation license(s) will be sent to your registered email address
- Run Caedium and copy and paste (Windows & Linux: Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V, Mac: Cmd+C then Cmd+V) each license key from your activation email(s) into the Help->Activate Product wizard (shown below)
- Restart Caedium to use the newly activated add-on(s)
During the final step in the activation process, the activation license key and a unique one-way computer hash, or checksum, are sent to our activation server, which validates the information and activates the product on your computer. No personally-identifying data is included or required.
Note that you may purchase the same subscription for multiple computers.
- How do I fix mesh and solver failures?
- Do you offer academic discounts?
- How do I become a registered Symscape member?
- How do I find answers to product questions?
- How do I reset a RANS Flow simulation?
- How does selection in Caedium work?
- What is a free trial?
- What is a mesh?
- What is a subscription?
- What is product activation?
- What is the Linux installation process?
- What is the Windows installation process?
- Where is the Caedium Manual?